Pages

Sunday 17 April 2016

Pizza Pants!

Such a disappointing day.  Sigh.


Flushed with success from my bread making session the other day I planned a pizza lunch.  The oven is, after all, a pizza oven and I haven't yet made pizza in it.  I didn't invite anyone because the potential for failure was high.


I used a recipe from YouTube... (URL HERE)   Along with accompanying video... What could go wrong?


Let me tell you.

1. The fire was ready long before we were hungry.  I then spent an hour letting it die down a bit then coaxing it back to life.

2.  The dough did not look like the dough from the video. I don't think I kneaded it enough.



3.  I made enough dough for 2 x 12 inch pizzas.  My peel is not big enough for a 12 inch pizza it's also not round.  So I made the pizzas smaller.  This meant the dough was far too thick in the centre and combined with juice from the tomatoes just went soggy.



4.  I used bought tomato Frito as the base. It's not actually tomato paste, I haven't actually seen tomato paste in the shops here, I think I will have to make my own in future. Anyway tomato Frito is too thin. Lesson learned.


Although Man ate his pizza, Woman threw hers in the bin!  Beyond disappointing!

No comments:

Post a Comment